Tuesday, September 13, 2011

for all the moms of boys...

More than ten years ago I came across this poem written by Shirley Pope Waite.  It illustrates my heart's cry for my own boys.   

So I share it with the hope it is a comfort to other moms of boys -- they need us standing in the gap for them.

I’ll stand in the gap for my son.
I’ll stand ‘till the victory’s won.
This one thing I know that you love him so
and your work with my child is not done.

I’ll stand in the gap every day, and there I will fervently pray.
And Lord just one favor don’t let me waver if things get quite rough, which they may.

I’ll never give up on that boy.
Nor will you, for you promised him joy.
For I know it was true when he said  ”yes” to you,
Though the enemy seeks to destroy. 

I’ll not quit as I intercede, for you are his Savior, indeed!
Though it may take years, I give you my fears, as I trust every moment I plead.

And so in the gap I will stand, heeding your every command,
With help from above, I’ll unconditionally love,
and soon he will reach for your hand!        
            - Shirley Pope Waite


 

No comments:

Post a Comment